AMREP’s vision is to be a world-leading precinct integrating research, education and clinical services.
The aims of the Original Parties in establishing AMREP were to:
- establish and maintain a framework necessary to ensure that the planning, development and future operation of AMREP is successful and that maximum synergies and economies of scale are obtained to the benefit of the parties and Australian medical research and education
- establish and maintain a high level of interaction between the research laboratories of the parties and the clinical services of The Alfred hospital
- consolidate medical research and education facilities at AMREP and to coordinate and contribute to the redevelopment of medical research and education infrastructure
- encourage collaboration between the researchers of the parties
- provide training and education in research practice to health professionals and biomedical scientists
- develop and maintain support services
- facilitate the sourcing and securing of funds from the public and private sectors
- facilitate the commercialisation of research efforts arising from collaborative projects.